• Building great businesses


The bureaucracy and complexity of licensing law can seem daunting, particularly since the consequences of getting it wrong can be disastrous for a business – owners and employees alike.

Napthens is one of the few law firms in the country with its own dedicated licensing department.  Our specialists have many years’ experience of working with businesses in the leisure industry, and they have built up strong working relationships with Local Authorities across England and Wales.

Legal industry ‘bible’ Legal 500 says: “the highly competent, responsive and proactive licensing team at Napthens LLP  resolves issues quickly and has genuine business acumen that it brings to bear to its everyday work” 

We keep businesses up to date with the latest issues in licensing and our straight-forward, plain-English advice helps ensure our clients are best placed to make the right decisions.  We spend our days dealing with businesses in the sector so we know the challenges they face and the intricacies of the way they operate.

Having the correct licences in place is critical.  Our experienced licensing team issue hundreds of applications each year for Premises Licences or Club Premises Certificates:  Find out about our free no-obligation audit of your premises.

Working alongside specialists from our property and commercial teams, we provide an all-round service tailored to your needs – helping you remain compliant with the law, while keeping a commercial eye on your business goals.

Using our expertise in the sector, Napthens has developed a unique-to-market monthly fixed fee Licensed Estate Management service.

Contact a member of the licensing team for advice on:

As a national trade association SIBA requires myriad services from its lawyers. Napthens' ability to deliver speedy and effective solutions from fire-fighting crises to strategic debate and constitutional restructuring has never faltered. Nick Stafford, Commercial & Finance Director, SIBA

Related Videos

  • Malcolm Ireland
    Head of Leisure & Licensing
  • Samantha Faud
    Commercial Property and Licensing
  • Suzanne Marchese
Meet the team...