Construction Law Solicitors
Napthens has announced a link-up with Hawkswell Kilvington, a niche firm of award winning, specialist solicitors with an established national reputation for providing legal services to the construction and engineering industries.
This ensures that while working with Napthens, you will also benefit from the experience and expertise of specialists to ensure the best solution for you and your business.
Construction Project Support
Working closely with the specialist solicitors at Hawkswell Kilvington, we are able to provide a comprehensive service dealing with all legal aspects of construction projects including:
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating bespoke forms of building contract and various industry standard forms such as JCT, NEC, FIDIC and IChemE
- Preparing construction project documents such as professional appointments, collateral warranties, performance bonds/guarantees and subcontracts
- Providing security documentation and funder reviews where third party borrowing is required
- Carrying out risk management and due diligence reviews before signing a contract
- Dispute avoidance and management
Dispute Resolution and Management
Disputes can and do occur. Should you need advice and support on a construction related dispute, Hawkswell Kilvington’s specialist team is experienced in handling disputes in all forums including adjudication, mediation, litigation in the Technology & Construction Court and arbitration. Common disputes dealt with include:
- Delay and disruption claims
- Breach of contract and defects claims
- Disputes regarding payment terms, including ‘smash and grab’ claims
- Professional negligence claims against consultants and surveyors
We and Hawkswell Kilvington are committed to helping you manage and resolve disputes as quickly, pragmatically and cost effectively as possible.
Our industry specialists work with developers, financiers, contractors, sub-contractors, consultants and suppliers operating within the construction and engineering sector. With our industry experience we are well placed to understand the commercial pressures facing your business – so you’ll find our advice is pragmatic and solutions driven.