Construction Law Solicitors
Our industry specialists work with developers, financiers, contractors, sub-contractors, consultants and suppliers operating within the construction and engineering sector. With our industry experience we are well placed to understand the commercial pressures facing your business – so you’ll find our advice is pragmatic and solutions driven.
Construction Project Support
Working closely with colleagues across our commercial teams we provide a comprehensive service on all legal aspects of construction projects including:
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating bespoke forms of building contract and various industry standard forms such as JCT, NEC, FIDIC and IChemE
- Preparing construction project documents such as professional appointments, collateral warranties, performance bonds/guarantees and subcontracts
- Providing security documentation and funder reviews where third party borrowing is required
- Carrying out risk management and due diligence reviews before signing a contract
- Dispute avoidance and management
Dispute Resolution and Management
Disputes can and do happen. Should you need advice and support on a construction dispute, our team is experienced in running and defending disputes in the Technology & Construction Court.
Our construction team specialises in handling disputes including:
- Delay and disruption claims
- Professional negligence claims against consultants and surveyors
- Breach of contract and defects claims
- Disputes regarding payment terms including smash and grab adjudications
We are committed to helping you manage and resolve disputes quickly and cost effectively, using a wide variety of processes including:
- Specialist construction and engineering litigation
- Mediation and other forms of alternative dispute resolution
We can provide training for in-house teams on issues including contract terms, payments terms and dispute avoidance and can provide guidance on interpretation of the Construction Act and the Scheme for Construction Contracts.
Senior Associate Solicitor
Location: Solicitors in Kendal