- Family & Divorce
- Step-by-step guide to divorce
- What are the grounds for divorce?
- Divorce and children disputes
- Civil Partnership Dissolution
- Collaborative law in divorce
- Divorce Financial Settlements
- Separation Agreements
- Pre-nuptial Agreements
- Cohabitation Agreements
- Family arbitration
- Divorce and family law costs
- Legal Glossary
- Legal Guide – Family & Relationship Issues
Fixed Fee Divorce Solicitors
How much does it cost to file for divorce?
If the divorce is undefended our fixed fee is £595 + VAT (£119) + court fees (£593)
What does this cover?
- Preparation of divorce petition
- Preparation of the request for directions for trial and supporting statement following receipt of the other party’s acknowledgement of service
- Forwarding your decree nisi
- Applying for your decree absolute and forwarding to you
- We will keep you updated you at each step. In addition to the above, your fixed fee will cover up to 2 hours discussion with you by phone, email or in person
How much does it cost for a divorce respondent?
Our fixed fee is £300 + VAT (£60)
What does this cover?
- Meeting with you to discuss the divorce petition
- Writing on your behalf in relation to costs being claimed against you by the petitioner
- Completing the acknowledgement of service
- Notifying you of the court date for pronouncement of the decree nisi
- Forwarding your decree nisi and decree absolute
Are there any additional costs?
- Sometimes problems may occur, for example if the respondent does not sign the divorce papers.
- In some cases, the petitioner may seek to claim recovery of costs from the respondent, and whilst if acting for a respondent we would try to negotiate a reasonable compromise, these costs may ultimately be payable by you.
We will keep you informed of any potential additional costs before carrying out work so that you can make appropriate decisions.
Our fixed fees do not cover advice on more complex issues relating to disagreements over children or financial aspects of your divorce. However, fixed fee packages can be made available for your specific requirements and can be tailor made.