Napthens is a values driven, forward thinking, legal practice with our Lancashire offices in Preston, Blackburn, Blackpool & The Fylde, our Kendal office in Cumbria, and our office in Southport – all of which we are keen to develop.
We are always delighted to hear from potential employees who would like to work with us and who feel they have the values, skills and qualities which would benefit our firm and our clients.
See our current vacancies here.
If you would like to register your interest in a career with us, please send a copy of your CV including your salary aspirations, in confidence, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that we offer (some conditions may apply):
- Competitive salaries
- 28 days holiday plus bank holidays (increases with service)
- Life Assurance of 2x annual salary (facility to increase at employees own cost)
- Voluntary Childcare Vouchers Scheme
- Pension scheme – up to 3% matched contribution
- Salary exchange scheme for car parking
- Voluntary Cash Plan Scheme – to assist with dental & optical bills
- Eye Care Vouchers
- Focussed development and learning opportunities including sponsorship and study leave options
- Discounted legal services
- Client Introduction scheme
- Regular discussions to support your development and performance
- Bi-annual company wide social functions
- Free fruit across our offices
- MyNapthens committee – developing our wellbeing, social and charitable events throughout the year
The Training Experience with Napthens
As a trainee you will be given a two year contract and an opportunity to share the experience of four seats within the firm to practice law under the supervision of our partners.
You will be given a structured period of supervision in which you can establish a meaningful relationship with clients. With the support of your mentor you will be expected to carry your own workload, and to develop a direct relationship with clients.
Napthens is a premier firm within the North West with a growing reputation in the wider region. As such we are instructed by a number of significant clients. You can therefore anticipate a range of quality work within each of the departments you will work within.
Feedback and evaluation
During your training period you will benefit from a structured appraisal of your work together with a regular opportunity to meet with your mentor who will use his or her coaching skills to advance your developing knowledge and techniques. Every member of the Napthens’ team will participate in your personal development process. This provides an opportunity for an open and constructive dialogue about the issues you encounter and the progress you achieve. It will also ensure your own objectives are measured and your business objectives are evaluated.
If you feel that you have what it takes and that Napthens can provide the opportunities you seek then please forward your CV and covering letter to email@example.com.
A Career in Law?
Development at Napthens
You’ve studied the law, you’ve secured successful results, you’re clear in your career choice… but is that enough?
- A good lawyer needs rounded experience to understand how people work within a team; albeit with an independent mind and a desire to achieve the best results for a client. In addition you will need to have a range of experience to draw from in order to understand the needs of clients.
- A good lawyer needs a commitment to detail and an ability to see matters through to completion – with the same degree of attention on completion as at the start. You need to understand that a client who has to chase a Lawyer for progress is already thinking someone else could do a better job!
- A good lawyer needs to understand the commercial realities of client service which identifies how clients value your work and how trust is invested in what you do.
- Above all, a good lawyer needs to understand what clients need from a relationship with them – and how to become their ‘trusted adviser’.
Here at Napthens we are able to provide opportunities to help you reach your full potential – and more!
Our trainees have nothing but good things to say about us:
“Each day is an opportunity to gain invaluable experience as a trainee solicitor at Napthens. I’ve had nothing but great exposure to varied, valuable and challenging work as well as the opportunity to build client relationships from the go. You also have the benefit of excellent mentoring and feedback to become a well rounded and competent lawyer within a supportive and collaborative environment.”
How do I join in?
- An enquiring mind and an eye for detail are a good start, but the candidates most likely to be selected to work for Napthens will be positive, ambitious and able to demonstrate how they meet our Values.
- They will have a commercial approach to the work they undertake, wishing to make the most efficient use of their time whilst providing the best possible service. They will want to be stretched in their occupation, but supported in their ambitions.
- Working with their colleagues will be as critical to their success as their own ambitions, and learning how to work within a team will be a central feature in their work ethic.