Training Contracts With Napthens
As a firm we have resolved to retain all applications regarding training contracts which we review after the submission deadline each year. At that time we assess our recruitment needs and compile a shortlist of potential candidates based on:
- Minimum 2:1 degree in an academic subject
- Excellent client care skills
- Clear ability to work within a team structure
- Commercial awareness within legal practice
- Ability to communicate across all levels of the business
- Competency with IT facilities
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- Previous experience in a legal environment is preferred but not essential
As our offices are based across the North West, it is imperative that our trainees experience different departments in different offices across the region. Therefore you will be expected to work from any of our offices during your contract.
Even where these criteria are matched, additional qualities can often be applied by the requirements of business. After matching the criteria, short-listed applicants will be invited for a formal interview and assessments with the Training Principal and Director of Human Resources.
Whilst as a firm we appreciate that training contracts can be reduced through the Law Society’s ‘Time to Count’ scheme, it is Napthens’ policy that unless there are exceptional circumstances, all Trainees will undertake a two year training contract.
If you wish to apply for a position please send a CV and covering letter by email to email@example.com. In your application please outline the following:
- Grades at A-Level
- Grades at degree level
- LPC results – if completed
- Electives chosen during LPC
- Why Napthens?
Please note – the closing date for 2020 applications is 31st December for training contracts to commence in September 2021