• Building great businesses


At Napthens, we have a team of individuals with specialist knowledge of the leisure industry. This ensures that whether an employment law issue or a matter relating to business strategy, we provide an all-round legal advisory service.

Whether a pub chain, a brewery, hotel, restaurant or club, the team’s experience of working with businesses within the sector means they understand the particular issues facing leisure industry clients and are able to provide proactive, commercially focused advice.

Our experienced team works with a broad range of clients across the industry including:

  • Breweries – ranging from large regional breweries to independent microbreweries
  • Pubs and restaurants
  • Individual hotels and hotel groups
  • Caravan and holiday home parks
  • Health clubs
  • Golf clubs
  • Cinema chain
  • Landlords of sports grounds/facilities

The leisure sector team includes specialists who can advise on a range of matters including:

Being in the hotel business we have many diverse needs, the support and advice we have received has been clear to understand, cost effective and most importantly - led to favourable results. Andrew Haworth, Promenade Hotel (St Anne's) Ltd
  • Chris Boyle
    Head of Employment & HR
  • Claire Hynes
  • David Hill
    Commercial Property
  • Jamie Allison
    Head of Cumbria and Real Estate
  • Malcolm Ireland
    Head of Leisure & Licensing
  • Martin Long
    Commercial Property
  • Oliver McCann
    Employment & HR
  • Samantha Faud
    Commercial Property and Licensing
Meet the team...