Construction & Engineering
Our industry specialists work with developers, financiers, contractors, sub-contractors, consultants and suppliers operating within the construction and engineering sector. With our industry experience we are well placed to understand the commercial pressures facing your business – so you’ll find our advice is pragmatic and solutions driven.
Construction Project Support
Working closely with colleagues across our commercial teams we provide a comprehensive service on all legal aspects of construction projects including:
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating bespoke forms of building contract and various industry standard forms such as JCT, NEC, FIDIC and IChemE
- Preparing construction project documents such as professional appointments, collateral warranties, performance bonds/guarantees and subcontracts
- Providing security documentation and funder reviews where third party borrowing is required
- Carrying out risk management and due diligence reviews before signing a contract
- Dispute avoidance and management
Dispute Resolution and Management
Disputes can and do happen. Should you need advice and support on a construction dispute, our team is experienced in running and defending disputes in the Technology & Construction Court.
Our construction team specialises in handling disputes including:
- Delay and disruption claims
- Professional negligence claims against consultants and surveyors
- Breach of contract and defects claims
- Disputes regarding payment terms including smash and grab adjudications
We are committed to helping you manage and resolve disputes quickly and cost effectively, using a wide variety of processes including:
- Specialist construction and engineering litigation
- Mediation and other forms of alternative dispute resolution
We can provide training for in-house teams on issues including contract terms, payments terms and dispute avoidance and can provide guidance on interpretation of the Construction Act and the Scheme for Construction Contracts.