People Consultant – Employment & HR Department (client facing) – Blackburn or Preston
Full time – Blackburn or Preston – 9.00am – 5.00pm
Are you a HR Professional who enjoys dynamic and fluid working across a variety of organisations, supporting them to achieve their long term business goals through HR practice and strategy?
Working within the Employment and HR department as part of the People Projects HR Consultancy team you will be responsible for developing and maintaining client relationships to enable you to understand the business needs, ultimately recommending and delivering support to their organisation in a HR capacity. This can include working on employee relations issues, delivering management training, working at a strategic level and undertaking HR project work.
The role facilitates and enables effective people management to our clients. This is a challenging role that offers excellent opportunities to develop. The successful candidate will primarily be based at the Blackburn Office or Preston Office although will be required to support clients at their premises across locations nationwide, primarily across the North West.
You will benefit from
- Competitive salary
- 28 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Life Assurance of x2 annual salary (facility to increase at employees own cost)
- Pension scheme
- Voluntary Cash Plan Scheme – to assist with dental & optical bills
- Eye Care Vouchers
- Continued development and learning opportunities including sponsorship and study leave options
- Discounted legal services, client Introduction scheme
- Regular appraisals & bi-annual companywide social functions
Your role will include:-
- Supporting and providing first line advice, guidance and support on all Employee Relations issues including attendance and advising at meetings, hearings and appeals, and the preparation of draft letters and reports in relation to grievance (collective/individual), discipline, employee performance and capability, redundancy (inc redeployment), re-organisation and restructuring of services, TUPE, absence management and conditions of service.
- Educating and supporting clients in the application of HR Policy and procedures.
- Designing and implementing HR projects which support the business’ long term goals, these can include recruitment, engagement, performance management
- Developing and delivering training to support the education of the client’s workforce in relation the key HR topics, process and procedure
- Representing and promoting the Company by attending business development events
- Supporting the growth of the People Projects team by managing the relationship with the clients and identifying opportunities where HR activities could support their long term business objectives.
You will have:-
- Generalist knowledge of HR and how the function aligns with business objectives
- Ability to demonstrate strong background in dealing with complex ER issues
- Experience building and maintaining professional relationships
- Experience developing and implementing HR strategy and initiatives
- CIPD Level 5 or partially qualified and working towards
- Able to drive with mobility to customer sites
Personality and Character
- Has presence and can build relationships at all levels quickly
- Strong customer orientation
- Excellent problem solving skills with good judgment and decision-making ability
- Effective listening skills
- Motivated to deliver and maintain a positive outlook in dealing with difficult issues
- Excellent communication and influencing skills, both verbal and written
- Able to work with a high degree of autonomy
- Is always discrete and demonstrates high levels of personal integrity and confidentiality
To apply for this role, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or send via post to HR Department, Napthens, 7 Winckley Square, Preston, PR1 3JD. If you would like further information, please do not hesitate to contact our HR Department on 01772 888444 or Human.Resources@napthens.co.uk who would be happy to assist.