Solicitor – Construction
Full time to include agile working
We are looking for an ambitious Construction Lawyer with experience to work in our Construction Team. Your background will ideally be within non-contentious construction or a mix of dealing with contentious and non-contentious matters. This is an exciting opportunity for you to work within our Construction Team to assist with the growth of this area of our business. We are flexible on location and you can be based from any of our six offices.
You will benefit from:-
- Competitive salary
- 28 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Life Assurance of x2 annual salary (facility to increase at employees own cost)
- Pension scheme
- Voluntary Cash Plan Scheme – to assist with dental & optical bills
- Eye Care Vouchers
- Continued development and learning opportunities including sponsorship and study leave options
- Discounted legal services, client Introduction scheme
- Regular appraisals & bi-annual companywide social functions
Your role will include:-
- Being responsible for running own caseload and ensuring deadlines are met.
- Ensuring the retention of good clients through appropriate client management and matter completion.
- Contributing to the development of the business plan and take ownership for the delivery of assigned activities.
- Supporting key events to secure new clients, cross refer opportunities and further increase the team’s strong reputation.
- Preparing and presenting joint seminars and/or issue bulletins on topical subjects in the sector and work with third parties with whom we work closely with.
- Ensuring clients receive accurate, up-to-date legal advice that takes account of their circumstances.
- Ensuring all new instructions to be appropriately scoped and priced to achieve target gross margin.
- Achieving personal utilisation and realisation targets.
You will have:-
- Confidence of handling and dealing with non-contentious construction matters
- Excellent organisational skills and a committed attitude
- An ability to communicate clearly and accurately to different 3rd parties
- Use of initiative
- Excellent telephone manner
- Effective time management skills
- A good level of attention to detail to ensure efficiency
- Ideally between 2-6+ years’ experience in this area of law however, we would consider other PQEs
To apply for this role, please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com or send via post to HR Department, Napthens, 7 Winckley Square, Preston, PR1 3JD. If you would like further information, please do not hesitate to contact our HR Department on 01772 888444 or Human.Resources@napthens.co.uk who would be happy to assist.