Connecting North West business to relevant training, insight, conversation and each other
- Napthens Podcast
- Media Relations
- Newsletters & Updates
- Legal Glossary
Employment Law Calendar for 2012
The Employment team hopes you had an enjoyable Christmas break and wishes you a successful 2012!
Below we have set out some dates for your diaries with regards to expected employment law changes this year, which are as follows:
- Closure date for the effectiveness of the TUPE regulations, this may result in formal consultation.
- Increased award limits for Employment Tribunals:
- Maximum compensation award for Unfair dismissal from £68,400 to £72,300; and
- Maximum limit of a week’s pay from £400 to £430.
- Qualifying period for unfair dismissal claims expected to increase to 2 years’ continuous service.
- Employment Tribunal reforms such as costs awards and deposit orders expected to come into effect.
- Unpaid parental leave increase to 4 months.
- SSP, maternity, paternity and adoption leave pay increases.
- Pensions, Auto-enrolment begins for large employers.
- Potential increase in national minimum wage.