• Rely on us...
    For a hands on approach

Personal Injury

If you have suffered an injury following an accident, we understand that you will be suffering physically, emotionally and often financially.  So it’s important that you turn to someone you can trust for legal advice.

At Napthens we are proud of our reputation for an ethical and professional approach to personal injury claims.  In fact, we see ourselves as champions of those with genuine injury claims.  Our service is totally independent, without links to claims or insurance companies, so you can be reassured that you won’t be dealing with a faceless organisation, but with lawyers with real expertise in advising people with all types of injuries including:

  • Accidents and injuries at work
  • Serious injuries and fatal accidents
  • Road traffic accidents
  • Motorcycle and moped accidents
  • Cycling accidents
  • Pedestrian accidents
  • Accidents and illness on holiday
  • Defective product claims
  • Rehabilitation and medical support

Our personal injury lawyers have a highly successful track record in acting for those who have been injured through no fault of their own.  With the focus on understanding individuals’ needs, we work hard to achieve the best possible result for every client.  In considering your personal situation, we look at the impact of your injury on your health and your life – not just today – but in terms of future lifestyle.

Through our many years’ experience in this field we have contacts with medical and other professional experts throughout the UK to ensure you receive the best possible diagnosis, prognosis and practical advice and, if needed, support throughout your rehabilitation process.

Contact us today for an initial conversation about your case on 0345 671 0276

  • Personal Injury News
  • Personal Injury FAQs
  • Personal Injury Glossary

How long is my claim likely to take?
This depends upon the extent of your injuries and whether liability for the accident is admitted or denied by the defendant. Straightforward cases can usually be dealt with quite quickly but in cases of more serious injury, or where there is a dispute, the case will take longer. We aim to ensure your claim is concluded as speedily as possible and we will keep you informed of progress every step of the way.

How much compensation am I likely to receive, and how is this worked out?
Compensation for injuries depends very much on the medical evidence obtained. We work with the appropriate medical and other specialists to evaluate your claim which is assessed in the light of previous cases decided by the courts. Compensation for injuries is entirely separate from claims for other losses e.g. loss of earnings etc which are claimed in addition.

I am still in a lot of pain and discomfort but my GP has told me that the waiting list for physiotherapy may take up to 6 months. Can Napthens help?
Yes. Where appropriate, we can quickly arrange private physiotherapy treatment and include the cost as part of your claim.

I am unable to work and my wife has also had to take time off work to look after me. Is there anything that can be done to help?
Yes. It is possible to make a claim for all reasonable losses which can be proved to have been sustained as a result of the accident. This can include your loss of earnings and also your wife’s loss of earnings. In cases like this we would usually include a claim with regard to the cost of care provided.

I had an accident last year. Is it too late to make a claim?
If you are over 18 and your accident happened in the UK, you generally have three years in which to start your compensation claim. If you are under 18 (or were at the time of the accident) then the three year period starts from your 18th birthday.

I have been injured by an uninsured driver – is there anything I can do?
You may be able to claim compensation, although it is slightly more complex than dealing with an insurance company. The Motor Insurance Bureau (MIB) is an organisation set up to help compensate the victims of uninsured motorists or untraced drivers eg hit and run, or where the driver gave false details at the scene of the accident. The MIB effectively allows you to claim as if the driver was insured. As with all road traffic accidents, you should report the incident to the police and seek medical assistance where necessary.

I have had a bad back for some years, but this has been much worse since I fell over a raised manhole cover. I will need an operation and as I am no longer able to work I am suffering financially. As I had a bad back already does this mean that I cannot claim compensation?
If your accident can be proven to be the fault of the local authority responsible for the manhole cover, then a claim for compensation can be made for the injuries you suffered as a result of the accident. From what you say it does appear that the accident has certainly aggravated your previous symptoms, making an operation necessary. In this case you should be compensated accordingly.

I suffered serious injury in a car accident when travelling as a passenger in my sister’s car. Although my sister was responsible for the accident I don’t want to claim against her. What should I do?
Any claim of this type will be dealt with by your sister’s motor insurers and so the claim may not really involve your sister at all. Bearing in mind that you have suffered serious injury through an accident which was not your fault, you should certainly take legal advice and find out more about pursuing a claim.

My injuries are severe and I am unable to work and support my family. Is there anything that can be done to help me now?
Yes. It is possible to request an interim payment from the defendants’ insurers in cases where liability for the accident is admitted and where there is evidence available to confirm at least the losses incurred to date.

My motor insurers have said I must use their panel solicitors if I want to make a claim. I am not happy with this, but do I have any choice?
You do have a choice. Insurers often insist upon panel solicitors being used under a legal expenses policy but this is certainly something we suggest you discuss with us. There may be another way of dealing with your case, particularly if the accident circumstances are straightforward and liability is admitted.

My young son suffered a nasty injury when taking part in activities at the local leisure centre. It seems that there was no real supervision. Can I make a claim for compensation for him?
Yes. A claim for compensation can be made if it can be demonstrated that the leisure centre staff failed to provide appropriate supervision and take appropriate care to ensure your son’s safety. You should certainly speak to a legal specialist who can advise you on how to make a claim.

  • Terry Griffin
Rely on your team...