Liverpool’s tech and creative – what does the future hold?
Virtual roundtable debate
Thursday 17 September 10am live on Zoom
Hosted by Chris Maguire
Prior to Covid-19 the UK’s creative sector was growing at 5 times the rate of the wider economy, employing over 2 million people and contributing £111.7 billion to the economy – more than the automotive, aerospace, life sciences and oil and gas industries combined.
Liverpool’s digital and creative sectors have been a key growth sector and of critical importance to the City Region. The breadth of organisations working in immersive tech, big data and Internet of Things (IoT) through to digital marketing, film and e-health has led to the City Region being seen as a beacon of excellence in the digital and creative sectors.
This event will be an opportunity to hear and ask questions from some of the key players and look at how these sectors have coped during the last few months, how they have innovated and what they need now from local/central government and the Liverpool community?
We also want to gain views on the Liverpool Economic Recovery Plan: Building Back Better that commits to a truly inclusive creative economy.
- Gavin Sherratt (Managing Director – Mashbo)
- Liam Kelly (CEO – Make Liverpool)
- Jayne Croft (Corporate Associate – Napthens LLP)
- Matt Latham (Co-founder – tickr)
- Lorna Davidson (CEO – Redwigwam)
- Dean Ward (Co-founder /CTO – Evoke Creative)
- Andy Kent (Angel Solutions)
- Saira Arif (Implementation Manager – ORCHA)
- Anna Heyes (Managing Director – Active Profile)