- Media Relations
- Newsletters & Updates
- Legal Glossary
Power of Attorney Refund Reminder
As we highlighted in our February e-bulletin, last year the Office of the Public Guardian (OPG) reduced the fee for the registration of an Enduring Power of Attorney or a Lasting Power of Attorney (LPA) from £110.00 to £82.00. The price reduction was due to operating costs coming down as more people applied to register a power of attorney and the process became more efficient.
At the time the application fee charged was not reduced in line with the cost reduction and the OPG has introduced a refund scheme for payments made between 1 April 2013 and 31 March 2017
Refunds will be made to the person who made the LPA, though the attorney is also able to make the claim and the refund can also be claimed by the executors of a person who registered a LPA but who has now died.
Refunds will include 0.5% interest.
The refund process is quick and easy and can be handled online by clicking here – or alternatively you can call the OPG’s dedicated refund helpline 0300 456 0300 (option 6) or email: email@example.com
Other Posts by this Author
- Simon joins Napthens Wealth Management team - June 21st 2016
- How can I make the move to a care home easier for a loved one? - July 3rd 2015
- Tax evasion or avoidance? - February 17th 2015
- Be clear on your charity choices - May 19th 2014
- Inheritance worries needn't prevent marriage - January 13th 2014