Complaints handling policy
Our complaints policy
We are committed to providing a high-quality legal service to all our clients. When something goes wrong, we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to improve our standards.
If you have a complaint about the service provided to you or a bill you have received, please contact us with the details. Should your query relate to a bill, you must inform us within a month of receipt.
What will happen next?
1. We will send you a letter acknowledging receipt of your complaint within five days of receiving it.
2. We will then investigate your complaint. This will normally involve passing your complaint to our client care partner, Richard McDowell, who will review your matter file and speak to the member of staff who acted for you.
3. We will then either:-
a. invite you to a meeting to discuss, and hopefully resolve, your complaint. We will do this within 14 days of sending you the acknowledgement letter. Within 3 days of the meeting we will then write to you to confirm what took place, along with any solutions agreed OR
b. send you a detailed written response to your complaint to include suggestions for resolving the matter. We will do this within 21 days of sending you the acknowledgement letter.
4. At this stage, if you are still not satisfied, you should contact us again and we will arrange for another partner within the firm, who is unconnected with your matter, to review the decision.
5. We will contact you within 14 days of receiving your request for a review, confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons.
6. If you are still not satisfied, you can then contact the Legal Ombudsman at PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton WV1 9WJ about your complaint. Any complaint to the Legal Ombudsman must usually be made within six months of the date of our final decision on your complaint but for further information, you should contact the Legal Ombudsman on 0300 555 0333 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If we have to change any of the timescales above, we will let you know and explain why.